Min Project is an Italian-Spanish project in co-operation with Egypt, born for the study and publication of a Theban Tomb (TT109 and its extension Kampp -327-) in the Necropolis of Thebes, on the west bank of the city of Luxor.
The tomb of Min (TT109) has not been systematically studied and has never been recorded or examined in detail. Many early travelers -Champollion, Burton and Rosellini among them - copied many of the scenes and inscriptions, some of which are now gone, but a complete publication was never done. Modern systematic recording of the monument began in 1887-1889 but it was without the advantages of color photography and modern recording techniques. Sadly, through the years, tomb TT109 has suffered intermittent vandalism and has been subject to erosion that endangers its carved decorations, some of which are crumbling.
View of TT109 with Davies House and Guardian’s House
The purpose of the “Min Project” is to copy and study the inscriptions and the scenes and to document the architecture, as well as to clean and conserve the structure of the tomb and its wall decorations and to prepare the monument for a future opening for the public.
This project is carried out by the Canarian-Tuscan Archaeological Mission in cooperation with the Ministry of State for Antiquities. The team is leaded by Dr. María Milagros Álvarez Sosa and Dr. Abd el Hakim Carrar. A very special thanks goes to the Supreme Council of Egyptian Antiquities and the Inspectorate of Antiquities in West Bank, Luxor for their support and assistance to the project.
We also want to thank many other institutions and associations for their support and generous assistance to this project.